Right here’s a locket ring handmade in 18-carat gold from about 1880. It’s in great, unworn situation.
Its larger-than-usual dimensions make it appropriate for a lady with greater palms or for a person to put on. Actually, it was in all probability initially meant for a person, given its nautical allusions of ropes and knots – common symbols of attachment and betrothal in Victorian instances.
I normally provide complimentary resizing however this jewel might be higher left as is, although it might, at a push, be made smaller (however not bigger).
The ring gives a trompé l’œil impact: the rope band seems so practical however it doesn’t bend as rope would.
And I like the sturdy locket compartment. I all the time get a thrill from jewels with a hid locket – and I do know many different vintage jewelry lovers really feel the identical manner.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Locket shuts firmly, with inside body and glass intact
• Measurement roughly 9 1/four or S
• Locket roughly 1.6cm from high to backside
• Weight is eight.three grams
• In glorious vintage situation
• Will are available a Karen Deakin present field